Watermelon-Injected Pork Recipe
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups diced watermelon meat (approximately, to yield 2 cups juice)
- 3 jalapeños (leave jalapeños ribs and seeds in for maximum heat; remove for less)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Midori liqueur (optional)
- Seed and then purée watermelon and jalapeños in a blender.
- Strain mixture through a sieve and return to the blender.
- If you won't inject the tenderloin, no need to strain marinade.
- Add salt, sugar and midori liqueur.
- Blend for 2 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup for basting.
- Draw marinade into a syringe-type injector.
- Poke and inject marinade throughout tenderloin.
- After marinating, season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Have coals prepared on the grill and use the combination technique of direct and indirect heat: roll the tenderloin over the direct heat to establish grill marks and then move to a slower part of the grill to finish cooking without burning.
- With gas grills, turn front burners on high to establish grill marks, and then move to the back.
- Baste the tenderloin periodically while cooking.
- Cook the tenderloin to an internal temperature of 145°F (despite your mother's warnings to cook pork to 170°F, 137°F will kill off anything that might harm you).
- Allow the meat to rest 5 minutes and then slice into medallions.
Dont Forget To Join Our Facebook Group For More Delicous Recipes
You may also like
You have to Sign-In to do this operation.