Valencia Chicken Paella Recipe
- 2 to 2½ pounds broiler-fryer chicken parts, skinned
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked medium or long-grain rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground saffron or ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen green beans
- 1 small red or green pepper, cut into strips
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- Season chicken with pepper.
- Add to hot oil in dutch oven or "paellero" and cook over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes, turning to brown on both sides.
- Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Add rice, onion and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, until onion is transparent and rice is lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, rosemary, paprika, thyme, saffron and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces, green beans, red pepper and peas.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Dont Forget To Join Our Facebook Group For More Delicous Recipes
You may also like
You have to Sign-In to do this operation.