Turkey Or Chicken Stove-Top Casserole Over Toast Recipe
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup diced celery
- ⅓ cup diced onions
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose (plain) flour
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (optional)
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices toast
- In a large nonstick saucepan, heat ¼ cup of the chicken broth over medium-high heat until it simmers.
- Add the celery, onions and bell pepper and cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, allowing the mixture to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, add the turkey or chicken cubes and flour.
- Toss gently until the flour coats the meat.
- Add to the vegetables and broth, cooking over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high and slowly add the remaining broth, wine, parsley, rosemary and black pepper.
- Cook and stir until the sauce thickens slightly.
- To serve, spoon ¼ of the casserole over each piece of toast.
Dont Forget To Join Our Facebook Group For More Delicous Recipes
You may also like
You have to Sign-In to do this operation.