Tofu Turkey Recipe
- 5 pounds medium firm tofu
- 1/2 cup sesame oil (no substitutes)
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 5 tablespoons veggie Chicken seasoning
- 4 tablespoons brewers yeast
- 1 tablespoon Braggs Aminos (or substitute soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons sage or Turkey seasoning
- 10 to 15 cups dressing
- Mash tofu well. (For optimal results, blend a firm Chinese style tofu with a smaller portion of Japanese styles, such as Mori-Nu Firm.) Mix tofu with all ingredients except tamari, sesame oil, and dressing. Line an 11-inch colander with a single layer of moistened cheesecloth. Transfer tofu to a colander. Press tofu to flatten, and fold edges of cheesecloth over it. Place a cake tin or other flat object over the surface of the tofu and weigh it down with a heavy object (about 5 lbs) to press the liquid from the tofu.
- After the tofu has drained for 1 hour, hollow out to within 1 inch of the colander. Fill the cavity with your favorite stuffing. Pack in stuffing and cover with the remaining tofu. Pat down so the surface is flat and firm. oil a roast or Turkey pan, place the pan over a colander, and flip over so that flat surface of filled tofu faces down. Remove cheesecloth.
- Mix sesame oil and tamari to use as a basting liquid. Baste tofu with liquid. Bake covered at 400 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Remove cover, baste, and return to oven to bake uncovered until top becomes golden brown, about one hour more. Baste again at least once during remaining cooking time.
Dont Forget To Join Our Facebook Group For More Delicous Recipes
You may also like
You have to Sign-In to do this operation.