Savory Turkey With Dressing Recipe
- 1 turkey, 12 – 14 lbs — thawed if frozen
- ½ cup butter or margarine — at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary — crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Rinse and pat dry the inside and outside of the turkey with paper towels.
- Remove the giblets, neck, and tailpiece.
- Combine the butter, herbs and salt in a small bowl.
- Carefully loosen skin from the breast of the turkey starting from neck.
- Turn the turkey over and separate skin from the legs and thighs.
- Spread ½ of butter mixture between skin and meat over breast, legs and thighs.
- Rub remaining butter mixture over the turkey skin.
- Fill the turkey body and neck cavities with some of stuffing; truss if desired.
- Transfer remaining stuffing to a buttered casserole dish and refrigerate until later.
- Place turkey on rack set in a roasting pan.
- Roast, basting with pan juices, until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 180 degrees.
- This will take between three and four hours, depending on your oven.
- Place dish with stuffing in oven 30 minutes before turkey is done.
- Let the turkey rest 15 minutes out of the oven before carving
Dont Forget To Join Our Facebook Group For More Delicous Recipes
You may also like
You have to Sign-In to do this operation.