Rose Petal Drop Scones Recipe
- 2¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup coarsely-ground pistachio nuts, shelled and unsalted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 2 tablespoons rose petals, cleaned and finely shredded (organic only - no pesticides)
- 1 cup icing sugar (confectioners' sugar)
- 3 tablespoons rose water
- 1 tablespoon red currant jelly
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with vegetable-oil cooking spray
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. With a pastry blender or two knives, cut butter into flour mixture until particles are the size of small peas; stir in pistachio nuts.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream and rose water. Stir in the shredded rose petals. Add the rose mixture to the dry ingredients; stir until soft dough forms. NOTE: When making scones, work the dough quickly and do not over mix.
- Drop dough by the teaspoonful onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- While scones are baking, prepare Icing:
- In a bowl, combine powdered sugar, rose water, and red currant jelly until smooth. NOTE: If the icing is too thick, add another teaspoon of rose water.
- Remove scones from oven to a baking rack to cool slightly, then drizzle the prepared Icing over the scones while still warm.
Dont Forget To Join Our Facebook Group For More Delicous Recipes
You may also like
You have to Sign-In to do this operation.