Luksha Shamdeh Recipe
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp each of ginger/garlic
- 1 lb boneless leg of Lamb cubed
- 3 large onions coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4-inch piece of cinnamon stick
- 1-star anise
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 tomatoes
- 3 large potatoes quartered
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, paprika, curry powder, soy, garlic, and ginger.
- Add Lamb, mixing to coat, marinate several hours (overnight if you want).
- In a large saucepan, over medium high heat, sauté onions in oil several minutes until translucent.
- Add cinnamon, star anise, cloves, and bay leaves.
- Cook several minutes until onions brown.
- Add Lamb and marinade; bring to boil over high heat, then add tomatoes.
- Lower heat to medium.
- Cook, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer covered 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, boil potatoes until just cooked (10 to 15 minutes).
- Stir into the curry for the final 5 minutes of cooking to even out and combine the flavors.
- Remove the cloves, bay leaves, star anise, and cinnamon.
Makes 4 servings.
- If you wish you can accompany this with a pita or some rice as a side dish.
Dont Forget To Join Our Facebook Group For More Delicous Recipes
You may also like
You have to Sign-In to do this operation.