Eggplant and Crab Creole Recipe
- 1 eggplant (about 1 pound), peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 slices bread
- ⅓ cup milk or water
- 6 to 8 ounces crab meat
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- paprika for garnish
- Cook eggplant in boiling water 5 minutes; drain.
- Cook celery, onion and green pepper in butter until soft but not brown.
- Combine with rice in large mixing bowl.
- Soak bread in milk; crumble.
- Add to rice mixture.
- Stir in crab meat, parsley, salt, garlic, black pepper and red pepper; mix well.
- Turn into buttered shallow 2-quart baking dish or into individual casseroles; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes (about 20 minutes for individual casseroles) or until hot and bubbly.
Dont Forget To Join Our Facebook Group For More Delicous Recipes
You may also like
You have to Sign-In to do this operation.