Callaloo Voodoo Recipe
- 2 lb fresh crabmeat
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 3 scallions, including the green tops, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 branches fresh thyme, crumbled, or ½ teaspoon dried
- ½ lb slab bacon, cut into ¼-inch dice
- 1 lb fresh spinach or callaloo greens, cleaned with stems removed
- 1 lb okra, topped, tailed, and cut into rounds
- 7 cups water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 scotch bonnet-type chile, pricked with a fork
- juice of 3 limes
- Brown the crabmeat in the oil with the scallions, 1 teaspoon of the garlic, and the crumbled thyme.
- In a stockpot, brown the diced bacon.
- Wilt the spinach in the rendered bacon fat.
- Add the okra, cover with the water, and add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Cook for 20 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- When done, add the crabmeat, remaining garlic, and chile that has been pricked with a fork.
- Continue to cook over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When done, add the lime juice, whisk it through thoroughly, and serve hot.
Dont Forget To Join Our Facebook Group For More Delicous Recipes
You may also like
You have to Sign-In to do this operation.