Cajun Chicken, Sausage, And Rice Recipe
- 6 chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skin removed
- 1 pound lean smoked sausage, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium yellow onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (14½ ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons chicken-flavored bouillon granules
- 4 McCormick™ bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick™ thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick™ garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon McCormick™ ground black pepper
- 2 cups instant rice
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- In a 3½ or 4-quart crockery slow cooker, place sausage, peppers, onions, celery, tomatoes, bouillon, bay leaves, thyme and garlic powder.
- Stir to blend well.
- Top with chicken and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- Add rice; stir gently, yet thoroughly to blend.
- Cover and cook 15 – 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove bay leaves and chicken bones before serving.
Dont Forget To Join Our Facebook Group For More Delicous Recipes
You may also like
You have to Sign-In to do this operation.