Baked Lamb Shanks Recipe
- 4 each lamb shanks, koshered, well trimmed, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 tsp each sage, curry powder
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp minced shallot
- ⅓ cup each minced onion and green bell pepper.
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup tomato juice
- ¼ cup kosher red wine, dry (optional)
- ½ cup chicken stock (or more)
- minced fresh basil or dill
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Wash meat under hot running water; dry well.
- Prick in several places.
- Combine seasoning; rub all over the meat.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in large enameled Dutch oven.
- Add meat and brown over medium heat on one side.
- Scoop up with a spatula and turn.
- Add remaining oil and minced ingredients.
- Stir and cook with meat until mixture browns lightly.
- Pour off any fat.
- Combine Worcestershire sauce with tomato juice, wine and ½ cup of stock.
- Pour around sides of the pot.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn and baste.
- Re-cover and bake for 1 hour longer, turning and basting every 20 minutes (add some of the remaining stock if liquid evaporates before cooking is completed).
- Stir salt into sauce; then spoon over meat.
- Serve on warmed individual plates sprinkled with basil or dill.
Dont Forget To Join Our Facebook Group For More Delicous Recipes
You may also like
You have to Sign-In to do this operation.