Algerian Harira Recipe
There are no specific quantities. Use them as your own choice.
- chickpeas soaked in water soaked in water overnight
- white beans soaked in water overnight
- green lentils soaked in water overnight
- bulghur wheat
- flat leaf parsley
- coriander leaf
- tomato paste
- lemon juice
- black pepper
- olive oil
- coriander seed
- Season the meat with salt and pepper. Heat some olive oil in a large stock pot over medium high heat. Add the meat and cook until it's just starting to brown. If the meat starts to give off water, raise the heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 10–15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for about 10 minutes. Stir constantly
- Add 1½ - 2 quarts water. The more mouths you have to feed, the more water you add.
- Add the chick Peas and the spice blend of your choice, bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 1 hour.
- Taste for seasoning, adjust if necessary. Ask yourself what you think if anything is missing? Do you want more cumin or the heat of hot peppers? Then add them.
- Add the white beans and bulghur and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the lentils, carrots, and celery and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Add the vermicelli and cook for three minutes more.
Dont Forget To Join Our Facebook Group For More Delicous Recipes
You may also like
You have to Sign-In to do this operation.