African Beef and Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1½ pounds Beef boneless chuck, tip or round, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1½ pounds Hubbard squash, pared and cut into 1-inch cubes (optional)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen baby lima beans
- Heat Beef, water, salt, ginger and red pepper to boiling in Dutch oven; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1½ hours. Add Squash; cover and cook until Beef and Squash are tender, 30 to 45 minutes longer.
- Remove Squash; mash or purée in a blender. Return Squash to Dutch oven. Add tomatoes and beans. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until beans are tender, about 15 minutes. Top each serving with hot cooked rice if desired.
Dont Forget To Join Our Facebook Group For More Delicous Recipes
You may also like
You have to Sign-In to do this operation.